Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Paper Crew Sketch

Thought I'd share this cute cartoon -
My box man will be here on Friday!!


It's Wednesday and time for the Paper Players Sketch Challenge.  It's still a few months until Fall but I couldn't resist doing a fall card.  I think our weather is going to be fall like at the end of this week.   Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all supposed to be in the mid-70s and of course, rainy!!  This rain better be moving out of here soon.  Ashley is coming to visit Aug. 22 and she has requested no rain!!  We aim to please!  OK - on to my card.

I used the Wonderfall DSP and elements.  The banners are from the Convention 2013 kit.  How do you like the little owl in the top corner?  That's actually a square punch filled with Wonderfall DSP and cropped so just the owl is centered in the punch! 

What a day I had today.  I co-captained at the Soup Kitchen this morning.  We made baked spaghetti and prepared about 16 pans!  There was plenty left over that they will package up for the evening meals that they make for the local churches.  I was exhausted when I left.  But I wanted to get my drivers license renewed.  I went to the DMV office in Mooresville and it was packed out.  People were sitting outside on the grass and inside every chair was taken.  The line to check in was out to the door.  So I did a U turn and left!   I headed up to Statesville where I figured I'd have better luck.  Not so.  I signed in with no problem.  There were about 20-25 people in the waiting room.  But there was no one manning the desk.  I waited an hour and they only called one person to come back.  A lady came out once and told a young person that there was a 3 hour wait.  I figured that the 3 hour wait was for getting a new license - driving test and all.  There was one guy in there that said he'd been there since 11:30 - and it was 1:30.  So after sitting there for an hour with no sign of any one calling my name, I left. In that hour, no one ever came to the window to help us or just to say what kind of wait we could expect.  I guess that's why they let you get your license 3 months early - it will take 3 months to get it!!MD  What a waste of time!

No comments: