Saturday, August 10, 2013

Masculine Birthday Card

My nephew had a birthday last week - wow! where did 24 years go??  I think most people struggle with making masculine cards.  We like to add all the glitz, glitter and flowers to our cards and I don't know many guys who would care for that!  So I set about working on a manly card for Derek.  Here's what I came up with.  (This card uses mostly retired Stampin' Up product but I don't think the recipient cares!)

I used the Woodgrain embossing folder on the retired Not Quite Navy card stock and layered it onto a River Rock (retired) card base.  I found a piece of River Rock ribbon in my stash and a Ribbon Slide (all retired).  I found a piece of DSP in River Rock that has a subtle swirl on one side and punched it out with my 2 1/2" circle punch.  The button is secured with a couple of glue dots and I tucked two tickets under it from That's the Ticket (NOT retired!). 

What do you think?  Does this card meet the masculine criteria?  I'm sure all he cared about was the check that was tucked inside!

Coming home this week, I spotted this momma and two babies next door to our house.  One of the babies ran in the woods before I could get stopped and click their picture.  So cute!


No comments: