Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Convention Swap

I think we may be building an ark here soon if this rain doesn't let up!  It has rained the whole week.   But that has given me a good shot at staying inside and working on my swaps for convention (which is next week!!)  We went to the movies on Thursday, the 4th and saw The Heat.  I really liked it and got a few good laughs in but I'm a big Sandra Bullock fan.  I heard some people complain about the language (the "F" word was used a lot.)  But it didn't really bother me.  I don't use that word and don't like to hear others use it, but I'm not a prude about it either.  I think we may go see White House Down this afternoon in between the rain drops.

Here is the card I finally chose for my organized swap at convention.  I had to make 40 of them and they had to be something for the month of January.  My hopes of doing a snowman card was dashed when Stampin' Up did not include any of them in the big catalog.  So I borrowed Zoo Review from my downline and made this card.  It turned out pretty cute.


The sentiment is from Chalk Talk (pg 12) - probably my favorite set in the catalog!  It's hard to see but I put a bit of Dazzling Diamonds right under the bear's paws.

Well, back to the drawing board - I have more swaps to make that I will be sharing with you soon.

No comments: