Sunday, June 30, 2013

Swap Cards

Another busy weekend for me.  We went to a 70th birthday party for our friends on Friday night.  It was a lot of fun and I had my dancing shoes on!!  I was kinda the official photographer - at least that's what everyone thought!  I took pictures the whole night of the party and I am going to make a scrapbook for them with MDS.  I decided that would the best gift I could come up with - what do you give people when they get to a certain age and don't want to collect anymore "stuff"!!??

On Saturday, I went to a shoebox swap over in the Kannapolis/Concord area - about an hour from my house.  We were to take three shoebox cards for everyone to make.  Well, I got my cards ready a couple of weeks ago and put sticky notes on the outside of the boxes to make sure I didn't forget to put all the supplies in since I was still using the ink, stamps, etc.  Well, guess my sticky note system was not the best!  I felt like an idiot and left 2 of the stamp sets out!  Luckily, Allison (whose home we were in) had Mosaic Madness so I borrowed hers.  Midway through doing the cards, I discovered that Karen and I had done almost the same card as the other one I'd forgotten so they were able to use her set to make my card also.  Guess we CASE'd the same person!!

This is my card in Basic Gray and Pool Party using Oh Hello with a clay button.  I used the Pool Party Core'dination card stock and sanded the embossing

This is Karen's card in Blushing Bride and Soft Sky.  I guess great minds think alike (or in this case, CASE alike!)

This is another one of my cards - I remembered all the parts for this one!  I made the Strawberry Slush circles by using a piece of the rubber that popped out of one of the stamps in Chalk Talk - a great recycling tip!  I used the Chalk Talk Framelits and stamp set for this card. 
Stay tuned - I'll be sharing some of the other great cards later in the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED your cards!! Can't wait to stamp with you again!!!

Somerset Spa Girl said...

Great pieces, I like the colours on that last card!