Sunday, June 23, 2013

Everything will be ok!

Another busy weekend for me.  Friday I met some gals for a birthday lunch.  It was three of the gals' birthdays this week so we had to celebrate!!  When I left the restaurant, I headed straight to the Verizon store.  This new smart phone of mine has been a real lemon.  In the past two weeks, it has turned itself off 12 times and won't come back on by just pushing the "on" button in!  I had a factory reset already a week after I had it.  That worked for a few days but then, back to it's old self.  Anyway, they are sending me a new phone this week.  Why they couldn't just give me one in the store, I don't know.  But it should be delivered today.  Friday night we met Marianne and Greg, Sharon and Bob and mom and Angela at the Rusty Rudder in Cornelius.  It was a nice night for sitting outside, listening to the band and looking at the lake.  When Sonny and I left the Rusty Rudder, we stopped off at the Galway Hooker where a band was playing outside to celebrate the first day of summer.  So, we had a couple of beers and enjoyed that band for a bit.  Saturday, Sonny and I went out on the lake for several hours.  It was pretty warm but the lake cooled us off.  That night we watched game 5 of the Stanley Cup between Boston and Chicago.  Sunday Mom and I went to see the Pajama Game at Davidson College.  It was very good.  It was the first time I had been to the Davidson Community Theatre and I was quite impressed.  I will be going back.  I was hoping something would be playing when Ashley comes to visit in August but no such luck.  After I dropped Mom off at home, I stopped at the grocery store.  Since it was so late, I decided to just get one of those rotiserrie chickens for dinner.  I got home with my groceries and discovered I'd left the chicken at the store!!  Oh I was mad!  I turned around and went back to the store to get it - not a short trip.  We are a good 15 minutes from the store so 30 minutes later, I was able to fix the rest of dinner and we ate about 8:00!!  The mind is a terrible thing to waste!!

A new card for you today!  I found a little bit of time this weekend to make this card.  I used my school colors to make this card - gold and purple - Go ECU Pirates!  The card is Elegant Eggplant with Crushed Curry that I embossed with the Dotted embossing folder.  I cut a small strip of Polka Dot DSP that I matted with the silver glitter paper.  I stamped the sentiment from Really Good Greetings using my Eggplant and Red markers and matted it with silver glitter paper also.  The glitter heart is punched out with the Hearts A Flutter Framelit.  And the finishing touch ..... the pretty clay flower!  I love this clay!  I used my dauber to daub a bit of Eggplant ink over it leaving a bit of the white showing.

No comments: