Monday, April 1, 2013

Henry Blows A Pinwheel

I hope you had a wonderful Easter.  We went to Ashley's church and then came home and made a great lunch.  It's so nice to have so many hands help to prepare the meal.   The weather was great and we sat outside in the sunshine for a while.  Marianne, Mom and I even dunked our toes in the pool.  It was pretty cold but after a while, you didn't notice it.  I'm not ready to get in yet though!  Later in the afternoon, we went over to some friends of Ashley's and hid Easter eggs for their little ones.   We had bought some cascarones and had fun breaking them on each other's heads!  Cascarones or confetti eggs are festive, hollowed-out chicken eggs filled with confetti.

I just love this little elephant!  I decided to lay him down to make it easier for him to blow his pinwheel out of his trunk.  I paper pieced Henry the elephant with some DSP.  The chevrons on the side are from the Oh Hello stamp set and they go pretty well with the chevron embossing folder.  I used the Pinwheel Sizzix Die to make the pinwheel out of the Razzleberry DSP.



For this elephant, I also paper pieced him.  To get the scallops on the side, I used the plastic overlay that comes with the Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate (pg. 26 of the Spring Mini Catalog) and sponged ink through the openings.  There's more than one use for the Scoring Plate!!




No comments: