Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy 40 Years!

Sorry I haven't been posting much ... just enjoying my time with Ashley.  We haven't done a whole lot this week, just visiting and getting caught up with each other.  While she was at work, I've just chilled here at her house.  She took off work on Friday and we ran errands all day.  Yesterday we worked in the yard for a few hours; then met her girlfriend, Courtney, at Typhoon Flats for a pitcher of margaritas and some lunch.  We had a real wholesome lunch - fried pickles, chips and queso and a hot dog!!  But it sure was good.  Courtney and her mom are going with us to New Zealand so we looked through our guidebooks and they got their laptops out to do a little research on our trip.  Today Ashley and I went to church, had a massage and we invited Courtney over for dinner and to watch the Academy of Country Music awards show on tv.  Courtney brought me a beautiful vase of flowers for my anniversary. 

Today was our 40th anniversary!!  How fast those 40 years have flown by - it's hard to believe.  I think this is the first anniversary we've spent apart.  I was so proud of him - I actually got my anniversary card in the mail on Thursday!  Ashley surprised me with a great gift!  She is sending us on a cruise - and she is going with us - in October.  The cruise is by the same company that she takes her Rock Boat cruise with every year.  This one is Alabama and Friends celebrating Alabama's 40th year (in honor of our 40 years of marriage!)  I'm so excited.  I knew she and Sonny had been up to something in the past month or so but I never guessed it was this.  My daughter is such a blessing in my life.

Here is the card I made for Sonny.  I should have left it home for him to get when he returns but since I didn't have time to make it before I left, I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow!

I used Ashley's "Cheers to you" stamp set.
Ashley and I made a wreath today to put on her front door for Fiesta.  Fiesta is a big deal in San Antonio.  It began as a way to honor the heroes of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto.  Now it has grown into a huge festival to honor the diverse cultures in San Antonio.  It lasts a couple of weeks with parades and events held all over town.  I have actually never been here during Fiesta but I think it would be fun to see some of the parades - especially the one down the Riverwalk.







No comments: