Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pop Up Posies

How do you like my new blog heading?  I saw a similar blog heading on another site where you have to purchase the download for your blog and decided I could re-create it with MDS.  It took me a couple days to get the recoloring and layering done but it was fun to do.

A reminder - if you would like to get the very first issue of Stampin' Up's Paper Pumpkin - the creative project that will be delivered directly to your door - you need to sign up by Sunday.  Check it out HERE.

I have been working on my projects for the Quarterly meeting in a couple of weeks.  I am participating in a card swap, 3D swap, shoebox swap as well as doing a presentation on MDS.

Today I played around with the Pop Up Posies kit offered in the Spring Mini catalog.  There is so much you can do with it and you get a lot of elements.


Here is the first card I made using the Calypso Coral and Baja Breeze flowers.  I sprayed them with water to "fluff" them up a bit.


For the second card, I used the same layout but used the cupcake liner elements to make my flower.  I used my dauber to color the ends of the flower with Poppy Parade.

The only thing I would do different on the two cards is to use my paper pricker and templates to prick holes around the die cutout.  That would add a little "pizzaz" to them I think.


4 comments:

Jonia said...

Wow, love your posies! Thanks for sharing with us this week at LNS!

craftystamper said...

Your posies are wonderful. I love them both. Your new blog header is great as well. Thanks for sharing your talent with the LNS group this week.

Kris Sobolik said...

Great posies! Thanks for joining the LNS challenge!

A Touch of SOL said...

Oooo....I likey! Thank you for playing with the LNS Challenge.