Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine / Anniversary Swap Card

Hope you had a happy Valentine's Day.  When I was little, I think Valentine's Day was one of my favorite holidays.  I loved to make the Valentine boxes for school and then hope whom ever I had a secret crush on would put a special Valentine in the box on my desk.  But today Valentine's Day makes me a little sad because my son and daughter are not close enough for me to give them a big fat Valentine hug.  Sonny bought me a really sweet card and I made him one.  We decided not to go out to dinner and fight the crowds.  Instead, we used a Groupon that we had for a meat store in Mooresville and bought a Porterhouse steak.  Sonny grilled it outside and I made scalloped potatoes, salad, and mushrooms to go with the steak.  It was yummy!! 

I made Valentine sucker holders last weekend to send to my grandchildren.  Since I had to buy a whole bag of heart suckers, I decided to make enough for my bridge group.  I used the Scallop Envelope die to make them.  I just love that die - it is so versatile!



I am finally going to be teaching the MDS class this weekend in Kernersville to my NC demo friends.  I was scheduled to do it a few weeks ago when the weather did not cooperate.  Friday is supposed to be ok but the cold weather is moving in on Saturday.  It is supposed to be a high of 60 Friday and 42 on Saturday and Sunday!!  Crazy but it is February!!  We are doing a card swap in the afternoon after my class.  The card I made for the swap was a Valentine's card but now I have changed it to an anniversary card! 



I stamped Happy Anniversary and punched it out with the Label Punch and just glued it over the Happy Valentine's Day tag!  I love this two tone ribbon from the Spring Mini - it is great for making bows!  I like the mix of Pink Pirouette and Raspberry Ripple.

No comments: