Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Cupcake

How about another Patterned Occasions card? These little images are great and there is so much you can do with them.  For this card I used the Clouds embossing folder (love it!) for the background on this card.  I also used the Hearts A Flutter die for the pennants.  I tied them to the card with the Bakers Twine - at least that is the way it looks!  Looks can be deceiving though.  I actually adhered the pennants to the card on top of the twine that is wrapped around the card on the sides.  I just used scraps of DSP that I found - a good way to use up bits and pieces.



I played bridge today and was really got some great cards for a change!  Did you watch the Grammy's Sunday night?  Well, I watched most of it and got a few of the songs stuck in my head.  So, this morning I was singing "This Girl Is On Fire" after hearing it sung by Alicia Keyes with Maroon 5 while I was getting dressed.  So it was only fitting that while I was playing bridge, "this girl was on fire!!"  haha!!

I have to tell you how sweet my dear hubbie is!  Wednesday I forgot to close the sunroof on my Durango and it rained all day and night on Thursday.  I didn't realize I had left it open until I got in the car Friday morning!  Oh, it was wet!!  I sat on 3 folded up beach towels in order to drive to play mahjong and they got wet through too.  So all weekend, Sonny worked on drying out my car!  What a guy!

Well, gotta cut this short and hit the hay!  Early day tomorrow at the Soup Kitchen!

No comments: