Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Paper Craft Crew Challenge 17 / Thankful!!

I have been super busy the past few weeks.  After Thanksgiving I promise to do more "meaty" posts!  Ashley arrived in Atlanta on Nov. 16 and Sonny and I drove there to pick her up.  We spent a few days in Atlanta before heading back home.  Then I had 2 Stamping Clubs and one Christmas Card Stamp a Stack plus working at the Soup Kitchen before we got in the car again and drove to Asheville.  We had a really good time there although Sonny got sick while we were there.  Luckily, it was after we toured the Biltmore House.  So Ashley and I were on our own on Friday night to wander around downtown Asheville - in and out of shops that Sonny would not have liked to do.  We found a hotel that was moderately priced right downtown and we were able to walk to everything.  On Saturday morning we were leaving our hotel room when we noticed that right on the street under our hotel room, the Christmas parade was gearing up.  So, we went back in the room and waited until it started and watched most of the parade from our balcony.  I don't think there was anyone left in Asheville.  People were lined up on both sides of the street about 3-4 people deep to watch the parade.  And, the parade was over 2 hours long!  We watched for a little more than an hour before checking out.  Then we walked up the street to get some lunch so we were able to see the parade as we were walking along it's path.  We came home on Saturday and Sonny has pretty much been under the weather ever since.  Today is the first day that he is venturing into town but he didn't want to go to lunch.  He is just going to the hardware store to get wiring to hang my chandelier in the dining room.  While we were out of town, it fell from the ceiling!!  Luckily, I did not have my china on the table yet.  The only casualty was a turkey planter that I had a dry arrangement in.  The chandelier is ok too - just needs to be hung better I guess!  So I am very THANKFUL that we were not all seated at the table and enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner when it fell!!


Here is my card for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge (#17).  I love these snowment!!  It is a download called Merry Winter.




I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and are with your family and friends.  Don't eat too much and ENJOY!!

No comments: