Monday, March 1, 2010

Good bye to the Olympics ....plus an Easter card

I'm sad that the Olympics are over.  I really enjoyed watching them.  I really got into Curling!  I think I could do that sport!!  Now, I have to wait 4 years to see it again!!  Today's hockey game between USA and Canada was a real nail biter.  There was no "Miracle on Ice" this time but it was a great game.  If we had to lose the game, at least it was Sidney Crosby ("Sid the Kid) of the Pittsburgh Penguins who did the dirty deed by scoring the winning point.  All over the US, people were coming together to watch the Gold Medal game.  In red states and blue states, tournament MVP Ryan Miller was on the tube and hockey was on the national consciousness.  I've always loved hockey and I think this gave the game a well-needed boost.  For the NHL, the 2010 Olympics generated excitement for a forgotten sport and provided an invaluable national spotlight on the game heading into the league's playoffs. 

While I was watching the game today, I was working on getting some organization to my stamps .... mainly my sentiments.  I have all my stamp sets stamped in a loose-leaf notebook in alpha order, but sometimes don't get much past "L" when looking for a stamp.  And I don't know all the sentiments in my sets.  So, I found a little 4" x 6" Photo Book that was empty and got busy.  I stamped all my stamps on 4" x 6" copy paper and organized them by categories (Love, Birthday, Friends, Thinking of You, Get Well, etc).  Unfortunately, I am going to need at least 2 Photo Books!!  Hopefully, this will make stamping a little easier to find the right sentiment.  I'll let you know!

Here's my first "easel card" that I made last week.  It's an Easter card.  The Easel tutorial can be found on Splitcoast.

I used my new stamp set, Abundant Joy (from Occasions Mini).  I watercolored the flowers and used some of the Champagne Mist Shimmery Ink around the edges and on the flowers.  The scallops around the oval frame are made by punching several 3/4" circles and gluing them around the frame.

Here is the card opened up.

No comments: