Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Background Technique

I played around today with making a background for this card:

101_3174

Isn’t it cool?  Here’s what I did:

I used Craft Inks and “smooshed” them onto Mellow Moss cardstock.  I started with White and smooshed it around in 2-3 places; then I used Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum and “smooshed” them in several locations.  Then, I used different colors of Pearl Ex and dusted them over the inks.  After that, I sprayed the whole thing with a clear sealer.  Next, I stamped the pine cone branches in Brown Craft Ink and embossed them with Hologram Embossing Powder.  I edged the card with a brown Copic.

For the focal point, I stamped the wheat on Elegant Eggplant in Versamark and embossed it with Copper Embossing Powder.  Then I stamped the pheasant in brown craft ink on Really Rust cardstock, embossed it clear, cut it out and popped it up.  I tore the edges of the Eggplant piece and edged the edges with Gold Encore Ink and dusted it with Pearl Ex.   I layered the whole card on Elegant Eggplant. 

What do you think?

Here’s another background I did.  I just haven’t made a card out of it yet:

101_3178

2 comments:

Stampin Mari said...

Really cool background! Thanks for the instructions.

Sam Slimak said...

Great technique! Thanks for sharing the instructions. I know my club ladies are going to be impressed, since they've been with me for a long time and probably still have LARGE bottles of Pearl-ex and no new ideas of how to use it.

Sam